Sunday, November 10, 2013

Mosaic Monday: More from Ham House








I visited Ham House in Richmond, England, with my daughter back in May.  I'm not sure if I ever shared all the photos I took there.  I apologize if some of these are repeats, but looking back over them yesterday, I was excited all over again for all the beautiful things we saw there.

The indoor photos shown here are from the kitchen, which was in the basement of this beautiful Elizabethan home.  The outdoor photos show just a little of the wonderful garden.

I would love to visit again some day.  My blogging friend, Sharon Collins, lives nearby and will be working at Ham House as a volunteer administrator soon.  Lucky her!  Click on the link to visit her photoblog, which is wonderful!

*****

I want to take a moment to apologize to you all for not leaving many comments on your beautiful posts.  I find that a lot of typing and editing makes my right hand ache terribly, and I need to save my aches and pains for my work.  But please know that I appreciate each and every one of you, and all the beauty that you share here every week!  xo

Please note: there will be no Mosaic Monday next weekend.  I will be attending a photography workshop.  See you back here on November 24th.

Here are the instructions to join today's post:
1. Publish your Mosaic Monday post. The post may be about any subject you wish. The only stipulation is that it include a collage, or mosaic of photos.
2. Once it is published, click on the title of the post. This will lead you to the static link for your post. The static link is the page with only that post on it. Copy the url from your browser at the top of the page.
3. Paste the url into the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
4. Type your name in the appropriate inlinkz box in this post.
5. Click on "Enter."
6. Please link back to this Mosaic Monday post so that your readers can find other wonderful mosaics.
That's all there is to it! It's always a good idea to then check and see if your link is working. If you have any questions, feel free to email me: mrcarroll(at)optonline.net

And a quick reminder: if you would like to join Mosaic Monday but don't know quite where to start, there is a tutorial on mosaic-making on my sidebar. Just scroll down, and click on the small blue mosaic. 

27 comments:

  1. Hi Mary,

    Beautiful photos of Ham House. Such calm light streaming through into the kitchen, softening the ultra organized sets of dishes on the shelving. Reminds me of a scene from a period piece!

    Thanks so much for hosting and have a lovely week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mary, lovely photos of Ham House. The kitchen is beautiful, I love the wood table and shelving above. The garden looks so green and pretty. Beautiful photos. I hope hand feels better soon! Thanks for hosting, have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, your images of Ham House are enchanting -- a visit to another time. love the kitchen! the garden -- dreams were made there. Lovely! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary,
    Truly a walk through time with lovley photos which capture the Historical feeling of such an enchanting home and gorgeous grounds.
    So beautiful-this Kitchen is incredible-what a treat to visit Ham House-
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Historic places like this always give me pause, such beauty in those large rooms and grounds. Very pretty, reminds me of Locust Grove in KY~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful images - the kitchen is brilliant ... loving the counter area with the open shelves below and above. Thank you for hosting ... take care of your wrist - I know first hand how awful it can be to do things when our hands and wrist hurt or are not cooperating. Take care of you and have fun at your photography class next week. Hugs, C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary, a wonderful treat to see the Ham House kitchen. The long and thick wooden counter was something to dream about. Take care of your wrist and hand and use only as needed (sounds like an Rx). Appreciate that you host Mosaic Monday.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary, Ham House is such a visual treat. Thanks for sharing your photos. Take care of your hand/wrist, sure makes it tough to get work done with that kind of pain. Thank you also for hosting Mosaic Monday, appreciate the work you do to make it happen.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just loved visiting the old estates when I was England this summer. Have a wonderful workshop. Take care, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh that wonderful wonderful kitchen ! :) My favorite is the first photo....I feel like I went back a few hundred years...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful place to visit and share!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Mary...loved your photos...
    Thanks for being such a loyal host each week. :)
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  13. The gardens are just gorgeous at the Ham House....thank you for sharing your photos with us! Enjoy your class and we'll see you in two weeks! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful place to visit - thanks for sharing it all with us.
    Thanks for hosting - appreciate what you do. Take care of your hand!
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you dear Mary for hosting Mosaic Monday each week, it's become such a part of my blogging life now!

    Ham House looks like a wonderful heritage house to visit.
    I love the long tables, they have a lovely patina - maybe they are made of English elm?
    Those bare recessed windows let the light in so beautifully.
    Shane xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love heritage homes too. Beautiful details. Wish I had that window with that windowsill and the beautiful light. Love that walled garden.
    Have a lovely week. And thanks for hosting again for us. Always a great way to start the week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely photos of Ham House!
    Have a nice monday! RW & SK

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ham House is a beautiful National Trust property along the River Thames. Have visited it a few times when I lived in the area. It can be seen in a location for one or two films eg..Anna Karenina. Lovely house, garden and restaurant, well worth a visit.
    Jackie in Surrey UK.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The minute I saw this post I thought of williamsburg. Great photo's.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those plate pics! I love the linear feel of them... and the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the simplicity and feeling of calm....thanks for sharing the visit.

    Happy Monday!
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just exquisite, Mary!!! I don't remember seeing any of these images before, either.

    The fresh greens in the kitchen - so beautiful and they make everything so alive and 'real'!! sigh and wow!!

    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks like a wonderful place to visit. I love those bright window shots.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your beautiful pictures of Ham House make me want to go to England so much more.
    I'm working on the boyfriend hopefully I'll get there in the next year or two.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  25. What beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing and hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!